Ali is a Tax Partner in the Financial Services Group with BDO in Sydney.
Ali has over 17 years’ experience in providing tax consulting and advisory services. He has advised a range of clients in dealing with business acquisitions, divestments, corporate restructuring, cross-border transactions, tax governance and tax risk management.
Ali joined BDO in 2019 from a Big 4 firm. His areas of primary practice are insurance (general, life and health), broking, securitisation, funds management, mutuals, friendly societies and non-bank lenders.
Ali presents regularly on tax issues for the FSAA, including quarterly Accounting & Regulatory Updates. He is also author to the Australian chapter of the online IBFD Tax Research Platform: Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestment
- Corporate and internal reorganisations
- Demutualisation and capital management
- Life insurance, general insurance (re-insurance) and Health Insurance (Division 320 and 321)
- Taxation and design of insurance products
- Securitisation and warehousing of mortgage books
- Tax consolidations
- Taxation of financial arrangements and financing
- Funds management
- Governance and tax risk management
- Financial services
- Technology, media and telecommunications
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Masters of Laws
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Fellow, Tax Institute of Australia
- Member, Financial Services Accountants Association