Darren is a Partner and project and infrastructure adviser at BDO in Brisbane, with more than 20 years’ experience in social and economic infrastructure projects, providing direction, management and strategic advice to a wide variety of stakeholders and staff.
Throughout his career, he has acquired significant insight into how projects can be successfully progressed, including creating and working in teams to ensure effective project goals are achieved within timeframes and budgets.
Darren has added value by creating and implementing commercial tools and risk models that generate substantial benefits for projects of all sizes. He has also assisted private and government clients with negotiations, deal structuring, program management and benefits realisation.
As a highly motivated professional, Darren has contributed to the successful outcomes of many types of projects as a leader, team member and consultant, demonstrating a high level of flexibility in his approach and a dynamic thinking style.
Darren believes in providing clients with a value for money, end-to-end solution that meets their needs.
- Business case and government advisory
- Program and project management
- Financial and economic analysis
- Project and transaction structuring
- Due diligence and project coordination
- Engagement partner for the business case stage of the Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 and 3 for the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Business Case Lead for the Urannah Water Scheme’s detailed business case for Bowen River Utilities
- Program Director for the Rail Expansion Program, Department of Transport and Main Roads, Queensland
- Engagement Partner and Business Case Lead for the Inland Rail business case for Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Engagement Partner for the Special Activation Precincts’ business case for the Department of Premier and Cabinet in New South Wales
- Commercial director for the Moreton Bay Rail Link Project for the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Bachelor of Business (Hons), Major in Finance
- Bachelor of Business, Major in Banking & Finance, Economics