Fahim leads BDO’s Data Analytics & Insights service offering in Brisbane. Our Data Analytics & Insights team provides genuine value to our clients through various strategic and corporate advisory engagements. We understand that even the most impressive mathematical algorithm or data visualisation is of little value to our clients if it does not achieve the outcome sought.
Fahim joined BDO as a graduate in 2009 and also has experience in working in many other divisions within BDO including Consulting, Corporate Finance, Private Clients and Audit. This breadth of experience allows him to develop holistic solutions to the wide range of issues that our clients face.
In recent years, Fahim has established himself as a sought after thought leader in the Australian Data Analytics industry. He is a regular guest lecturer for the University of Queensland’s MBA Program, and has presented at a range of high profile national conferences including CPA Australia’s annual Congress in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Some of Fahim’s work has also been published in the CIO Outlook (a coveted international technology magazine based in California, USA).
Outside of work, Fahim is the co-founder of an App development start-up and is involved with a number of charities and community organisations which promote social cohesion and understanding.
- Data analytics and business intelligence
- Strategic advisory and consulting services
- Financial modelling and other corporate advisory services
- Government and Public Sector
- Medium to Large Corporate Organisations
- Not For Profit Organisations
- Experienced in business model transformation and (up front) strategic advisory services for a range of public and private sector clients across multiple industries. Services included the development and delivery of:
- Business intelligence and data analytics
- Strategic and operational initiatives
- Digital and technology solutions
- Financial modelling and evaluation
- Operational framework reviews and benchmarking engagements involving multiple performance indicators including financial and operational performance
- Financial modelling services for various government agencies, and a number of listed and private companies across a range of industries including infrastructure, oil and gas, mining and minerals exploration, agriculture, manufacturing and professional services
- Corporate finance advisory services relating to various matters including major transactions, business valuations, capital raisings, strategy and operations, organisational restructuring.
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Accounting), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland
- Non-Executive Director – Multicultural Development Australia (MDA) Ltd
- Committee Member – QLD Social Cohesion Implementation Committee (QLD Government)
- State Committee Lead (Brisbane) – Crescent Institute
“I love working at BDO as it gives me a platform where I can have a significant impact on the community through the work we do. I enjoy working through complex issues and identifying simple ways to discuss them - and BDO has equipped us to do this well for our clients.”