Tali is a Chartered Accountant with over 15 years’ experience specialising in working with government public sector clients (including local government entities) to ensure efficient and effective financial management practices within their finance and reporting functions.
Tali has specialised in providing in-house contract finance and reporting roles for a number of public sector clients, including acting as Director of Finance and Procurement, Finance Manager, and Financial Controller.
- Establishment of Queensland Government Special Purpose Entities’ and Statutory Authorities’ finance and accounting functions
- Review of organisations’ financial systems, policies, and procedures, including the development, implementation, and monitoring of improvements
- Development and implementation of organisations’ finance policies, processes, and procedures
- Assisting public sector entities with QAO audit readiness
- Cash flow and budget management and monitoring
- Acting as the Financial Controller for a Local Government Agency to oversee and control the approval of all council expenditure as well as reviewing and improving their financial management practices. This included reviewing their current policies, processes and procedures and supporting the development and implementation of improvements.
- Managed and led the finance and procurement teams at the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority as Acting Director of Finance and Procurement.
- Assisted with the establishment of a number of public sector Statutory Authorities, including the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority and Queensland Reconstruction Authority, supporting policy, process, and system development and implementation across corporate functions, finance, reporting, and procurement.
- Engaged to undertake financial process analysis across Logan City Council’s Corporate and Water business finance teams that included documenting and mapping the current process flow, identifying key function responsibilities for each and identifying opportunities for process improvements for efficiencies and effectiveness, aligning to best practice.
- Review and advice with respect to the capitalisation of project expenditure for a number of public sector entities including Brisbane City Council’s Brisbane Metro Project and Department of Education.
- Responsible for the development and preparation of key stakeholder reports such as adhoc dashboard reporting, monthly board reports and annual financial statements including the management of all excel based data models for input into monthly and annual reports for a number of Public Sector Departments and Statutory Authorities.
Qualifications and affiliations
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy), Queensland University of Technology
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation Certificate.