Debt Advisory & Refinancing
BDO has a team of former bankers who understand how banks operate and what bankers think.
We have the finance networks, knowledge and experience to provide the advice you need to deal with all aspects of your financial arrangements, including improving the quality of your current banking relationship.
Armed with the insight into your financial position, we work with you to ensure the best possible financial outcomes.
Our debt advisory team is well placed to become your trusted adviser and is able to offer the following services:
- Health check on existing debt and transactional facilities
- Assist and arrange finance for new purchases and business acquisitions
- Restructure of current arrangements and renegotiate agreements
- Advise on the most appropriate finance structure, interest rates and fees, terms covenants, security, amortisation and hedging strategies
- Arrange and manage syndicated and club facilities
- Assist with finance negotiations directly with banks and other financiers
- Provide advice on disputes between you and your financier and negotiate on your behalf to improve likelihood of a successful outcome.
We would be pleased to meet with you to discuss how we may be able to add value to current and proposed financial arrangements.
- Debt reorganisation / restructuring
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) Finance
- Covenant breach and default advice
- Foreign Direct Investment.
- Direct negotiation with banks on your behalf to achieve better outcomes
- Reviews of hedging arrangements
- Legal reviews of documents, etc.
- Advisory Board or subject matter experts.
- Financier appetite sounding
- IM/Documentation preparation
- Introduction of competitive tension
- Negotiate with financiers / lawyers.
Enhancing Operational Efficiencies
- Working capital / Trade analysis
- Optimisation of debt facilities
- Transactional tenders
- Financier reporting reviews
- Advise on debt reorganisations / restructures / M&A
- Coordinate debt refinancing, establish market appetite and create competitive tension
- Market testing to ensure the best available terms are achieved for company debt facilities and transactional arrangements
- Working capital / Trade analysis to optimise internal efficiencies
- Reviews of FX, hedging, risk management effectiveness, together with creation of hedging policies that align with internal risk appetite
- Direct interaction with your financier to drive better outcomes
- Assist clients faced with downgrades, covenant breaches or defaults
- Act in an Advisory Board capacity or subject matter expert, and
- Legal review of term sheets, finance agreements and security documents.