Advice and support on international trade and customs issues are important for your business
BDO’s International Trade team provides cost-effective, practical and value-adding advice and support on international customs and trade matters, enhancing your ability to exploit opportunities, minimise liabilities and ensure compliance with complex legislative requirements.
As global trade grows, businesses with cross border activities need to ensure they have effective international trade strategies in place to deal with bilateral and multi-lateral free trade agreements; trade policies, impediments and barriers; increased supply chain security and changes in technology.
BDO offer value to clients by:
- Harnessing the power of our first class technical knowledge combined with over 40 years of team experience in international trade
- Leveraging world class international trade networks built within industry, consulting and key government bodies
- Using proprietary software based analytical tools to efficiently identify and report key client information for procurement and management decision making.
Watch this short video for a snapshot of the BDO Australia International Trade, Customs and Excise service offering.
BDO work with clients to deliver efficiency for their business, including:
- Removing duties, taxes and costs from the supply chain
- Eliminating delays, regulatory barriers and inefficiency in the supply chain
- Complying with cross border trade and regulations
- Establishing and maintaining efficient cross-border operations for strategic advantage
- Ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations associated with cross-border trade
- Customising trade processes and controls to a business unit, company, or industry
- Mitigating risk issues related to conducting cross-border business
- Minimising duty and compliance costs
- Improving supply chain
- Facilitating trade under preferential trading arrangements
- Settling disputes
- Liaising with authorities and trade policy agencies
- Advising on all aspects of excise, including classification, refunds and remissions, fuel tax credits, warehousing, internal controls reporting, and compliance
- Performing duty assurance analysis
- Benefiting from programmes such as the Australian Trusted Trader.
The Australian Trusted Trader Program
The Australian Trusted Trader (ATT) Program is a voluntary trade facilitation program designed to provide preferential treatment to international businesses known as ‘trusted traders’, who meet or exceed trade compliance and have sufficient supply chain security controls in place. Please download this brochure for more information and contact BDO for a detailed discussion on what ATT can do for your business.
ATT Program Flyer