Professional Practice Network
Helping accountants and other professionals satisfy the changing needs of their clients.
We understand it is not always easy to keep abreast of change and provide your clients with all the resources they need to grow. That’s why we have developed the BDO Professional Practice Network to help smaller accounting firms with their specialist needs. By joining the Network, firms can gain access to BDO’s specialist support services across a range of areas, including:
We work closely with our members and have developed an in-depth understanding of the unique needs of smaller practices. Network members can expect direct access to our specialist teams and receive the following key benefits:
- Technical information and newsletters
- Access to a closed LinkedIn group dedicated to PPN members
- Office facilities including client interview rooms and boardroom in Adelaide CBD or any other capital city (nominal cost, subject to availability)
- Ability to subscribe to our internal monthly training session addressing special topics and detailing the latest legislative changes (additional cost at a discounted rate)
- Access to specialists and resources of the global BDO network.
Join the BDO Professional Practice Network
To learn more, view our PPN overview or alternatively if you would like more information on membership of BDO SA Professional Practices Network please email Shirley Schaefer.
JPG Accounting and Advisory
“BDO have been auditing SMSFs for our firm for several years and we have been very pleased with the efficient service they have provided we have found that we have been able to build an excellent working relationship and have appreciated their arm's length approach to audits which sees them contacting us on behalf of clients. This allows us to maintain and maximize our relationship with our clients without impediment from the auditor. We value their expertise with regard to SMSF and are appreciative of the technical advice and support that they have readily offered our office as a BDO PPN Member.”
Jo Goodwin, JPG Accounting and Advisory
BDO’s technical advice fee policy
There is no joining fee, nor is there an annual subscription fee for the BDO Professional Practice Network membership. Technical advice services include:
- 2 hours of ad hoc advice that doesn’t require technical research or written advice for the year
- For those who want regular technical support we are offering packages of advice hours at a discounted rate of $220 per hour for PPN members only
- For complex issues requiring in-depth tailored business advice a fee will be agreed with you
- You will continue to receive access to the monthly BDO tax training at the unchanged discounted rates.
BDO undertakes not to directly contact any client referred by a Professional Practices Network (PPN) member in respect to other services and will not attempt to attract such clients away from a PPN member. We will not knowingly initiate contact with any client of a PPN member. Should we be approached to undertake work for any clients of a PPN member, we commit to contact the relevant member to discuss.