Local people working with the community
At BDO North Queensland, giving back to our community is important to us. It’s part of our firm’s values to make a positive and enduring difference.
We’re committed to supporting causes in the areas of Community, Charity, and Care. For us this means investing both financial support and our people’s time and expertise.
BDO North Queensland is proud to support local charities, sporting teams, organisations and events throughout the region by fundraising and getting involved as a team. Our Partners and team members donate time by volunteering and sitting on various not-for-profit management committees and boards.
Our BGenerous committee supports community initiatives by contributing to local charities, community and care organisations through volunteering, fundraising and the donation of goods.
BDO North Queensland is an ongoing supporter and contributor to the following organisations and community events:
- Advance Cairns
- Agribusiness Association of Australia
- Cairns Chamber of Commerce Membership
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Qld Membership
- Cairns Businesss Women’s Club Membership
- Cairns Hockey Association - Aspire to be Deadly Program, providing pathways for indigenous girls through sport
- Various North Queensland sporting clubs and communities
- Cairns Show
- Cairns Indigenous Arts Fair
- Local community events
- Local arts and cultural organisations.
- Far North Queensland Youth Assistance Fund
- Cancer Council Queensland
- Salvation Army
- Staff BGenerous program.
- Far North Queensland Hospital Foundation
- Various Health and community organisations including: Ruth’s Women’s Shelter,Cairns COUCH, Rotary Club, Apumipima Aboriginal Health Council
- Our staff wellbeing program ‘BWell’
- Our 'BGenerous' community initiatives - where team members can support local causes.
BDO celebrate the following events nationally and locally:
- International Women’s Day – March
- Flexible Working Day – June
- NAIDOC Week – July
- Mental Health Week - October
- International Men’s Day – November.