Banking and Alternative Finance
BDO’s Banking and Alternative Finance team provides an end to end service offering covering audit, assurance, tax, regulatory advisory as well as investigations, valuations and technology advisory services.
The industry continues to see rapid change. New challengers are entering the space, using innovative technology to change the whole customer experience. The current landscape reflects the impact of an increasingly complex and challenging operating environment, shaped by:
- Operational and technology transformation – financial services players are driving process simplification and technology transformation initiatives. This is a result of a number of forces influencing performance including a changing competitive landscape and an increasingly demanding regulatory landscape.
- Constricted growth outlook – competition and regulation are suppressing revenue growth and profitability projections.
- Regulatory and policy changes – lenders face unprecedented regulatory and government expectation shifts. These are primarily being dictated from APRA, ASIC, AUSTRAC, ACCC and the Financial Services Royal Commission.
Our experienced team is passionate about helping financial services providers to maximise market opportunities while meeting compliance and regulatory obligations. We combine technical support and strategic advice to help you.
Services for banking and alternative financial institutions
How can we help?
BDO’s financial services team members come from a variety of exceptional backgrounds, blending their experience to develop new insights and add real value to your business. Our team can help you with:
- Audit and assurance
- Royal commissions and APRA Financial Prudential Inquiry into the Commonwealth Bank of Australia thematic reviews and self-assessment support
- Regulatory advisory services, including CPS 220, ICAAP and AML/CTF assurance
- Specified assertions or controls reports such as ASAE 3402 or ASAE 3000
- Tax structuring advice
- Fully outsourced and co-sourced internal audit
- Systems and control investigations and assurance reports
- Post implementation systems reviews
- Valuations of financial investments
- Program and project management
- Australian Financial Services License, Responsible Entity and Managed Investment Scheme compliance
- Insolvency, recovery and strategic business management
- Pre-lending due diligence and independent expert reports
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International tax and tax structuring
- Executive remuneration and expatriate tax services
- IFRS advisory services and advice on all aspects of financial instrument standards including AASB 9 (IFRS 9 Financial Instruments).