Geoff Rooney is a Sydney based Associate Director within the Financial Services Audit practice. Geoff provides audit and assurance services to the financial services industry, including wealth management, funds management, superannuation, retail and investment banking, leasing and insurance clients.
Prior to BDO, Geoff was a Director in a global accounting firm's Financial Services advisory and audit practice.
Throughout his career, Geoff has managed multiple large and small internal and external audits across various sectors. He provides commercial and technical advice to clients and leads complex control, risk assessments and remediation programs. Geoff has a proven record of interacting with internal audit, risk and compliance departments as well as line 1 to drive efficient audit procedures. He has previously investigated indents and issues, providing root cause analysis and delivering control remediation activities. In addition, Geoff has lead regulator driven independent expert assurance engagements.
- Strategic Business and Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Regulatory Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk Assessment/Audits/Internal Controls and Compliance
- Independent Audit Relationships
- Multi-location Team Development and Leadership
- Financial Services
- B Commerce (Deans Scholars) (Accounting and Finance) with Distinction. Wollongong University
- Degree qualified, RG146 compliant financial planner and ASIC registered SMSF auditor
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member, Finance & Treasury Association (Certified Finance & Treasury Professional)
- Chartered Treasury Risk Management professional (AMCT), Association of Corporate Treasurers, United Kingdom