Wealth and asset management
The wealth and asset management industry in Australia is highly sophisticated; responsible for managing and protecting a large slice of private and corporate wealth.
Wealth and asset management is a core focus for BDO and our specialist team provides a full range of audit and assurance services as well as expert advice on a range of complex issues. Our knowledge helps our clients retain and grow assets, mitigate risk and respond to regulatory changes such as APRA, ASIC, AUSTRAC and the Financial Services Royal Commission investigations/transformation initiatives.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Asset management and administration
- Wealth management
- Listed funds and unlisted unit trusts
- Private Equity houses
- Listed investment companies
- Hedge funds
- Superannuation funds and SMSFs.
How BDO can help
BDO’s financial services team members come from a variety of exceptional backgrounds, blending their experience to develop new insights and add real value to your business. Our team can help you with:
- Audit and tax assurance
- Royal commissions and APRA Financial Prudential Inquiry into the Commonwealth Bank of Australia thematic reviews and self-assessment support
- Specified assertions or controls reports such as ASAE 3402 or ASAE 3000
- Regulatory advisory services
- Operational risk and compliance risk support and AML/CTF assurance
- Tax structuring advice
- Fully outsourced and co-sourced internal audit
- Systems and control investigations and assurance reports
- Post implementation systems reviews
- Valuations of financial investments
- Program and project management
- Australian Financial Services License, Responsible Entity and Managed Investment Scheme compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Investment operational due diligence
- Executive remuneration and expatriate tax services.