Matina Moffitt is a Sydney based Partner within our Financial Services Audit practice. Prior to BDO, Matina was part of a leading global professional firm’s Financial Services Wealth Management practice.
For the last 30 years Matina has specialised in audit and accounting services for superannuation clients.
Matina’s working style is professional and disciplined. Matina demonstrates a high level of client service.
Matina has extensive experience in the superannuation industry, including:
- External and Internal Audits
- Corporate governance reviews
- Risk Management Frameworks
- Specialist Consulting Assignments
- Review of internal control systems at superannuation administrators
- Reviews of processes and procedures designed to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and corporate policies
- Special purpose reviews for superannuation trustees and service providers including unit pricing reviews
- Reviews of migration of superannuation funds from one administrator to another and also from one system to another
- Review of Successor Fund transfers
- Accounting related services and
- APRA Prudential reviews
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Diploma of Trusteeship
- Approved SMSF auditor
- Member of the SMSF Auditor professional association stakeholder group (Members consist of representatives from the professional bodies, ATO and ASIC)
- Regular Presenter at the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) National SMSF and National Audit Conferences presenting on SMSF Audit Issues
- Presenter at the CAANZ Public Practitioners’ Conference on SMSF Audit Issues
- Co- author and presenter of the audit of self-managed superfund workshop for the CPA Australia
- Presenter at the SMSF Advisor Strategy day.