If you’re looking to sell your business, download our free how-to guide. Need help? BDO’s team of transaction advisory specialists can help you navigate a wide range of corporate transactions.
Selling your business is the ultimate reward for the risk and the effort that you have put into your business over the years. Key objectives for the sale of your business will vary from vendor to vendor, however they almost always include maximising the sale price and finding the right ‘new home’ for the business.
Achieving vendors’ objectives requires a significant amount of research and leveraging of information, rigorous planning, maintaining a high degree of control over the process as well as strategic negotiation skills. Being proactive and structured in selling a business is far more likely to achieve a better result than simply reacting to the situation at hand. This is where expert advice from a trusted corporate adviser can really make a difference.
- Preparing your business for sale
- The transaction and structured sale process
- Preparing the information memorandum
- Approaching buyers
- Handling meetings, offers and negotiations
- Final offers and letter of intent
- Plus, we take a look at selling your manufacturing, mining services, software or healthcare business in the current climate.
How can BDO help?
M&A transactions can include complex financial, regulatory and operational issues and having the right people on your side can be as important as having the right strategy in place. Your BDO team draws on specialist capabilities from all areas of the firm as required, ensuring that transactions are completed efficiently and effectively. We work with clients and their existing accountants across the sale readiness journey, including preparing or reviewing forecast financial information, providing vendor due diligence services (both financial and tax) and facilitating workshops in the lead-up to exit.
Our key M&A services include:
- Deal initiation
- Buy/sell side lead advisory
- Management buy-outs/management buy-ins
- Corporate restructuring
- Sourcing private equity
- Financial re-engineering
- Information memorandum preparation
- Pre-IPO structuring and preparation
- Industry rationalisation
- Business consolidation.