Charles is an experienced Associate Director in BDO’s Advisory team in Brisbane. With over 15 years’ experience, Charles advises clients across a range of industries on corporate and debt issues.
Charles’ extensive experience has led to engagements by Boards, Financiers and Government to provide operational change and business operational advice, financial risk assessments and key stakeholder negotiations.
- Business reviews
- Financial and operational risk assessments
- Finance reviews
- Stakeholder negotiations and management
- Cashflow and cash management strategies
- Business turnaround and restructuring advice.
- Engaged by Queensland State Government to undertake financial assessments of Not-for-Profit organisations and assess financial and operational impacts associated with NDIS implementation
- Consultant for sale of pharmaceutical manufacturing, and associated pharmacy chain, to an ASX listed entity – combined transaction value in excess of $40M
- Board and partnership mediation, advice regarding structuring and transitions (group, organisation and transactional)
- The restructuring, and managed market exit and sale of an international retailer with a forty-store footprint. Strategy enabled maximum stakeholder return while maintaining brand value for the purchaser
- Negotiations with clients and financiers involving complex groups (corporate, trust and individuals), Australian and international registered companies and a matrix of security interests.
- Public sector
- Transport and logistics
- Civil engineering and mining
- Commercial real estate
- Property agents and resident letting
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance), Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Business (Accounting), Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Graduate Certificate, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)