James is a Partner in Tax with BDO in Sydney. He has over 20 years of experience in providing employment tax services to a range of public, private and not-for-profit clients.
With a background in Big 4 accounting and Big 6 banking, James brings with him extensive experience in the design and taxation of employee remuneration, including incentive arrangements and employee share schemes.
Throughout his career, James participated in numerous consultation forums giving him a deep understanding of the development of tax policy and design of taxation laws at state and federal levels. He has also acquired unique regulatory insights as a result of ongoing interaction with state and federal revenue authorities to clarify and resolve tax matters.
His deep technical and industry expertise, strong focus on risk management and collaborative approach with clients allows James to develop innovative taxation solutions that support his clients as they grow.
- Tax Advisory
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Workers Compensation
- Superannuation and Employer PAYG Obligations
- Payroll consulting
- Incentive Arrangements and Employee Share Schemes
- Tax risk management
- Complex Negotiations
- Not-for-profit and charities
- Financial Services
- Government & Public Sector
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Economics (Accounting and Finance)
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting
- NSW Legal Practising Certificate – Corporate Legal Practitioner (unsupervised)
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax institute
- Member, the Tax Institute FBT & Employment Taxes National Technical Committee