Kerri-Ann Smee is a Business Services Partner for BDO in Brisbane with over 20 years’ experience as a taxation and business advisory specialist. Kerri-Ann works closely with clients to deliver expert business, taxation and value added services, ranging from traditional compliance to specialist taxation and financial advice.
Kerri-Ann specialises in the real estate and construction industry and has a particular interest in family business advisory, helping clients address the uniquely complicated issues that they face as a family business unit.
- Financial and statutory reporting
- Direct and indirect tax advice and reporting
- Business analytics and management reporting
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Succession and estate planning
- Real estate and construction
- Natural resources
- Technology, media and telecommunications
- Family business
- Advisor for complex business transactions including the formulisation of tax effective and commercially viable solutions to minimise risk and maximise outcomes
- Advisor for business acquisitions and sales including structuring, tax planning, due diligence, communications, reporting, integration and team support
- Advisor for estate and succession planning matters including the strategies for transition, structuring, tax planning and the provision of ongoing support for key stakeholders and families
- Advisor to new businesses including structuring, establishment of accounting and payroll systems and processes, business forecasts and modelling, taxation and statutory compliance, stakeholder reporting, assistance with R&D, grants and financing applications and business mentoring.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand - Chartered Accountant 2000
- Queensland University of Technology - Bachelor of Business
- Taxation Institute of Australia – Fellow 2005