Mathew is an experienced advisor to stakeholders with respect to business restructuring and contingency planning.
In particular, he provides clarity to fellow professionals, directors, shareholders and creditors regarding their strategic options in times of financial distress.
Mathew also has a hands on approach and applies his problem solving skills to facilitate and achieve optimal outcomes in what are often complex situations.
In addition to his specialist advisory experience, Mathew has over 15 years of global accounting firm experience and is well placed to advise stakeholders with respect to financial issues of all sizes and complexities.
- Contingency planning for stakeholders of businesses in financial distress
- Business restructuring and turnaround
- A diverse range of corporate and personal insolvency services
- Retail and wholesale
- Tourism - Successfully navigated a distressed aviation company through working capital impairment to achieve a second chance at being a key industry provider. This involved achieving satisfactory creditor arrangements, releasing assets from a court ordered freeze and hands on management of the continued trading of the business (which included trading during the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Automotive and Military Manufacturer – Engaged by shareholders to optimise the realisable value of a distressed business. Renegotiated key customer contracts and supplier terms enabling the business to recommence trading and to conduct a going concern sale campaign. Managed a vast range of trading issues throughout the process.
- Construction – Restructured a CBD construction company to focus on its core business and facilitated the optimal return to creditors whilst also enabling the company to thrive post Voluntary Administration. Successful outcomes were also achieved for the key financier, workforce union and customers.
- Eligible Restructuring Practitioner
- Registered Liquidator
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Member of the Institute of Public Accountants