Matthew Allington has over 10 years’ experience in providing professional services to clients within the automotive and retail sectors.
Matthew is a key senior member of the automotive team in Brisbane and accordingly works closely with the Directors of a number of the service lines within the firm to deliver on the audit, tax and consulting needs of BDO’s many dealership clients.
Combining his technical and commercial expertise, Matthew’s key driver is to improve businesses performance and assist with clients achieving their goals in all aspects inside and outside of their business.
- Performance improvement
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Statutory audit
- Financial report preparation
- Corporate tax planning and compliance
- Indirect tax
Matthew works closely with the Directors in providing the following services:
- Compliance function of accounting, audit and taxation for over 45 dealerships
- Valuation of a dealership for the purpose of establishing a commercial value of the goodwill and net business assets
- Profit enhancement advice provided to a dealership to identify by department and franchise, the actual performance against industry benchmarks
- Business advisory services using live/cloud based financial and non-financial information.
Matthew’s experience involves audits and tax of large privately owned groups, including:
- Servco Australia Group
- Grand Prix Automotive Group
- Pickerings’ Automotive Group
- Keema Automotive Group
- Grand Motors Group
- Rayment Excavations
- SCD Remanufactured Vehicles
- Thai Orchid
- Bellissimo Coffee Group
- Fonzie Abbott.
Qualifications and affiliations
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting), QUT
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA).