Shannon is a Business Services Partner at BDO in Brisbane. As an experienced tax adviser with over 20 years’ of professional services experience, Shannon provides tailored strategic, growth and tax advice to his clients. His technical understanding of changes to legislation means he can assist his clients to best manage their business as changes occur or are introduced.
Shannon works with a range of Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) Licensees and provides strategic advice, risk management and reporting advice to not only manage and maintain their valuable licence, but to build better building and construction businesses.
Shannon is passionate about educating his clients on the importance of taking a long-term view and working collaboratively to leverage his technical expertise to ensure tax efficiency and optimal administrative outcomes are part of the conversation.
- QBCC licensee financial reporting strategy, advice, risk management and documentation
- Strategic and commercial advice
- Tax structuring
- Purchase/sale of business
- Income tax return and financial statement preparation
- Tax effect accounting
- International Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Goods and Services Tax.
- Advisor to QBCC Licensees. Services include developing and implementing strategic initiatives, advising on the full range of QBCC reporting requirements, implementing best practice in relation to QBCC licence management.
- Advisor to new and existing entities. Services include advising on the most effective business structure, taxation and statutory compliance, establishment of accounting and payroll processes and systems.
- Advisor to tax restructuring and tax consolidations. Services include review of existing structure for commercial and tax efficiency, developing and implementation of best practice structure including tax consolidation, technical calculations, and practical outcomes and implications.
- Chartered Tax Adviser – Taxation Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Member, Taxation Institute of Australia