Shaun is a Business Restructuring Partner with BDO in Brisbane, specialising in Corporate Finance and Restructuring services.
Shaun’s experience in Corporate Finance is primarily in the form of acquisition and vendor financial due diligence assignments and private capital raisings while his Restructuring experience includes a broad spectrum of advisory and formal roles assisting underperforming businesses and their financiers.
Whilst Shaun provides expert advice across a broad spectrum of industries, he has established himself as a leader in the Food & Agribusiness sector where he specialises in providing financial due diligence and advisory services for buyers, sellers and financiers. Shaun’s Food & Agribusiness sector experience includes having acted for various parties across a range of transactions and roles including some of Australia’s largest recent transactions.
- Pre-Lending reviews
- Acquisition due diligence
- Vendor due diligence
- Private capital raising and debt advisory
- Business reviews and investigating accountants reports
- Expert witness reports (Agribusiness)
- Business restructuring and turnaround advice
- Solvency reports
- Receivership, liquidation and voluntary administration
- Assisted an Australian based client prepare and lodge a structured bid with respect to Consolidated Pastoral Company. The engagement included bid structuring and financial due diligence on historical and forecast financial information.
- Assisted a Chinese private equity client with respect to a bid for S.Kidman & Co. The engagement included financial due diligence with respect to historical financial information (primarily balance sheet livestock valuations) as well as assistance with key inputs for the clients forecast model for the proposed post acquisition operation.
- Conducted acquisition financial due diligence with respect to a steel manufacturing and trading business.
- Assisted an integrated feedlot and grain producing enterprise to identify an equity partner to assist future business growth. The engagement included preparation of an information memorandum and management of the transaction process.
- Prepared an experts report for Court in regards to litigation resulting from the failure of a large horticultural operation.
- Conducted a pre-lending review for an Australian commercial bank with respect to an integrated beef production and processing business.
- Conducted an investigating accountants report with respect to a potato farming enterprise for a major Australian commercial bank.
- Conducted an investigating accountants report with respect to a 200 head Dairy for a major Australian commercial bank.
- Conducted an investigating accountants report with respect to a cattle breeding and feedlot business for a major Australian commercial bank.
- Provided advisory services to a US based investment bank with respect to the realisation of Australian based bloodstock (thoroughbred horses) assets.
- Acted as receiver and manager of a broad acre dry land cropping operation in central Queensland.
- Acted as voluntary administrator of a waste management company operating across 2 states and 3 locations. Shaun was able continue operations under administration on a profitable basis and to separate and sell off a profitable business division as a going concern. The sale allowed that part of the business to continue to operate, saving over 40 jobs in the process and significantly increase the return to creditors.
- Appointed voluntary administrator of a national concrete pumping enterprise by the Company’s director. Over a 4-month period, Shaun was responsible for implementing an operational business restructure to return the business to profitability and position the company for future growth.
- Food & Agribusiness
- Property & Construction
- Waste Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Bachelor of Commerce – Griffith University
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- AssocDip Applied Finance – Australian Securities Institute
- Masters of Agribusiness – Marcus Oldham College
- Advisory Board Member – Griffith University Business School (since 2014)
- Advisory Board Member – Matchfit Platforms (since 2019)
- ASIC’s Insolvency Liaison committee member (since 2014)
- North Brisbane Rugby Club committee member (since 2018)