Steve is a senior audit Partner with significant experience working alongside ASX mid cap companies, privately owned and foreign owned mid-market businesses.
Utilising his broad sector experience alongside strong commercial, technical and interpersonal skills, he is able to build trusted and long-standing relationships with clients - gained from over 25 year career in global professional services firms. Steve brings a pragmatic and open communication style and enjoys understanding the business strategy and needs of clients to ensure that he brings both his and BDO’s best to help and support them.
Steve has attained significant experience in both client-facing, leadership and internal management roles, making him a commercially minded problem solver. This is demonstrated in his extensive experience growing businesses and an in-depth knowledge of the fast-growing Greater Western Sydney corridor, where he achieved success by bringing all stakeholders on the journey.
Stephen is a people-driven leader and is passionate about inspiring teams, driving strong cultures and performance improvement.
- Audit & assurance services
- ASIC requirements
- Accounting advisory
- Agreed upon procedures
- External audit
- Internal control reviews
- Retail and Consumer Markets
- Industrial Markets
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Food and Agribusiness
- Listed Companies
- Private Equity portfolio companies
- Leading the overall relationship and delivery of services to a broad range of ASX mid cap companies and privately owned and foreign owned mid-market clients across various sectors
- Assisting private family and founder-led businesses through successful Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) listing processes
- Prior to BDO, Steve was the Partner in Charge of KPMG’s NSW Enterprise Audit and Assurance division. He was also the National Lead Partner for KPMG Enterprise’s Audit and Assurance transformation project and KPMG’s Korean Business Practice Lead Audit Partner
- Demonstrated ability to grow a business as a leader of KPMG’s Greater Western Sydney practice, driving both organic and inorganic growth.
- Chartered Accountant
- Registered Company Auditor
- Bachelor of Business - Accounting and Finance
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand