Planning how to manage your wealth makes sense for you, your family and any business interests should unforeseen circumstances arise.
Estate planning in a family context can be complex, as it must consider all assets, along with liabilities and ownership structures, to ensure that business and other assets are effectively transferred, controlled and managed to maximise the benefits to the estate and its beneficiaries.
While family business estate planning is often complicated, there are numerous benefits, including:
- Structured succession plan to ensure business continuity and wealth management following retirement or death
- Smooth transition and continued operations through assigned roles and responsibilities
- Advantageous structure for business, asset and taxation protection
- Proper wealth extraction strategy.
How BDO can help
At BDO, we help individuals and families secure the financial future of the next generation with trusted estate planning services. Our family business, family office and estate planning experts act as an objective guide, ensuring all possible scenarios are planned for, and can facilitate difficult conversations now to avoid undesirable outcomes down the track.
As your trusted adviser, we work closely with your legal advisers to ensure that all aspects of your estate are considered and an effective plan of your design is in place. This aspect of estate planning includes:
- Effective and tailored wealth structuring
- Strategic advice during Will creation and execution
- Identifying and managing tax implications, including superannuation
- Advising on private ancillary funds to support legacy wishes
- Assisting family education and communication.
Take the first step to protect the continuity of your family business and wealth management today through estate planning. Contact a BDO estate planning expert to find out how you can secure your wealth well into the future.