Queensland Gaming Update - Tender Results Announced
13 April 2017
The Public Trustee has announced the results of the Gaming Machine Operating Authorities tender that closed on 22 March 2017. Results for each region are summarised below.
- 28 offered and all sold
- Average amount paid $162,499
- An increase of 8% since the November 2016 tender
- Highest price paid for South East Queensland Gaming Authorities since November 2007.
- 53 offered and all sold
- Average amount paid $65,675
- A decrease in 9% on the November 2016 tender
- Increased supply, 44 more Coastal authorities than the last tender, is the likely cause for this price decrease
- Three offered and all sold
- Average amount paid $65,510
- An 18% increase on the July 2016 tender. There were no November 2016 sales for this region
- Highest amount paid since May 2007
- $74,966 in November 2006 is the highest price achieved for Western Authorities.
Source: Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR)
BDO successfully managed the sale of many authorities including four Coastal authorities in this last tender.