Applications are now open: Made in Queensland Round 4
29 April 2021
Fourth round applications are now open for the $15.5 million Made in Queensland (MIQ) grant program.
Eligible manufacturers looking to become more globally competitive through the adoption of innovative technologies can now apply for grants between $50,000 and $2.5 million with matched funding.
About the program
The MIQ program is a $61.5 million Queensland Government initiative supporting small to medium manufacturers. The program seeks to increase international competitiveness, productivity and innovation by adopting new technologies and generating high-skilled jobs for the future.
The MIQ program complements the Queensland Advanced Manufacturing 10-year Roadmap and Action Plan.
To be eligible to receive part of the $15.5 million fourth round, applicants must be:
- A Queensland-based business whose principal activity and majority annual turnover is derived from manufacturing
- Registered for GST and hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- An SME with between 5 and 200 full-time equivalent employees located in Queensland.
Applicants must also:
- Have a proposed eligible project
- Have the financial capacity and standing necessary to conduct the eligible project
- Not have, and must not be, an associated entity that has received funding under the MIQ program that exceeds $2.5 million.
Under this program, regional manufacturers may also be eligible to receive up to 75 percent of their project funding for projects to the value of $500,000.
Applications will close on 20 May 2021. For more information about the program, please refer to the MIQ program guidelines.
HELP ME APPLY
To discuss the MIQ program in more detail, or if you require help with your application, please contact your local BDO adviser.