Casmel specialises in providing assurance services having spent over 20 years in external audit. His extensive experience in planning, performing, and reporting external functions extends across a wide range of industries.
Casmel’s broad knowledge of audit and assurance services coupled with strong business and analytical skills, equips him with the ability to recognise and understand client needs, effectively tailoring his solutions to meet these needs. His wealth of experience in dealing with public and private sector members across Northern Territory, including building and managing business relationships, coupled with his audit and assurance experience ensures Casmel understands the challenges of delivering a value-add service.
Commencing his career with BDO Zimbabwe in 1996, Casmel joined the BDO Darwin team in 2003 and is now a Partner of BDO (NT).
- Management of audit and assurance engagements
- Focus on impact and results for users
- Establish priorities for self and other members of the team involved in reporting activities, schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources, monitors performance against development and other objective and corrects deviations from plan
- Risk profiling and control optimisation reviews
- Gathering comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluates information accurately and identifies key issues required to solve problems
- Government and public sector
- Indigenous services
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Accounting
- Registered Auditor under Fair Work Act
- Registered Company Auditor (Australia & New Zealand)
- Registered SMSF Auditor
- Accredited Auditor for the NT Auditor General’s Office
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Associate Certified Fraud Examiner