Joe is an Associate Director with BDO in Brisbane, specialising in workforce transformation and organisational performance. With a wealth of experience across professional services and healthcare sectors, Joe collaborates with clients by transforming ways of working to improve organisational performance.
Joe’s PhD is in the field of psychology, focused on how leaders create positive motivational climates to increase psychological wellbeing. He has worked with numerous public and private sector organisations in the areas of workforce optimisation, organisational design, workforce planning, change management and performance management. He specialises in large scale transformation projects where organisations are looking to change the way they operate or are structured in order to meet the needs of their customers.
Joe has spoken at international conferences, written peer reviewed papers and contributed insights for magazines and newspapers focused on all topics related to people and organisational performance.
- Change management
- Cultural change
- Operating models
- Strategic workforce planning
- Organisational design
- Leadership development.
- Transportation client: Joe led the people work stream for over 18months for this strategic workforce planning engagement. During this time, Joe was responsible for working with the operational team to redesign the training needs for the operational workforce to decrease the training duration and increase the supply into the network.
- Utilities client: The purpose of this work was to develop and deliver a COVID-19 enterprise workforce plan and strategy to optimise workforce availability by developing initiatives and actions to respond and recover to the COVID-19 pandemic. Using workforce data to drive decision-making through the application of an interactive visual tool providing key insights for workforce decisions the team developed an easy to use interactive visual tool to provide key insights for executive decisions.
- Electricity client: This client required the development of a workforce planning model that allowed them to understand their supply and demand levers in relation to government funded projects. Joe led a team of technical and non-technical people to deliver a excel model which is now used across all projects.
- As the Chief Transformation Office at Metro North Hospital and Health Services (MNHHS) Joe led the transformation program that shaped strategic direction for the HHS. Joe’s focus was on workforce development, service innovation, supporting technology and process improvement to better position Metro North to meet current, emerging and future challenges.
- Public sector
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Philosophy
- Bachelor Applied Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Scrum Master - Agile
- Human Synergistic accredited