Maryanne’s energy and passion are contagious. As an Associate Director for BDO's People Advisory team in Sydney, Maryanne brings a strong human resources background to support leaders and organisations in their journeys through shifts in culture, strategy and business operations.
Maryanne is a pragmatic and strategic leader with significant HR achievements across multiple countries, industries and matrix organisations. With over 20 years of experience, she has a proven track record in developing executives, challenging the status quo and driving transformational change and development.
Specifically, Maryanne helps organisations from four key perspectives: operating model design, current state reviews, change management and virtual HR.
With significant in-house experience, Maryanne has a unique understanding of client realities. Before joining BDO in 2018, Maryanne led HR teams in organisations such as Johnson & Johnson and Mars.
- Engagement Strategies
- Change Management/ Organisational Capability
- In depth knowledge and application of Organisational Development Strategy development
- Organisation Design and Implementation in line with Vision and Strategic Business output
- High Performing Teams
- Shaping business strategy and aligning management teams
- Talent Management Strategies spanning multiple Countries and Cultures
- Business Partnering/ Coaching
- Medical Devices
- Lead significant organisational change initiatives including a complete restructure of a large Sales & Marketing team (200 people) to align to the company’s new strategy. The restructure involved significant upskilling of employees in new areas. The implementation was successful with minimal unplanned turnover and the organisation achieved the sales targets in the first year of the change.
- Lead and drove culture change across businesses in varying industries. Most recent within FMCG where the culture shifts were to move to decisive and agile.
- Lead key talent management initiatives. Educated and upskilled leaders in identifying and developing Agile talent across the business. Built talent strategies that further develop and ensured talent pipeline readiness for successors to critical roles. In a recent example the outcome was that senior roles were filled internally, and entry roles were filled externally as apposed the model they had previously where senior roles were being filled externally.
- Engagement Strategies - developed and executed that ensured significant levers of engagement were leveraged and increased employee engagement achieved.
- Developed leadership programs that are aligned to business strategy that drove and accelerated any shifts in organisational culture. Development of leaders with a clear focus on self, therefore expanding the impact a leader has within an organisation.
- Working with management teams to align and ensure organisational clarity and strategy is developed, communicated and the measurements in place to hold employees accountable
- Honours in Psychology - University of Armidale
- Bachelor of Arts, Double major in Psychology University of Armidale
- Agile Leader - Korn Ferry Accreditation
- Prosci ADKAR (Change Management) - Prosci Accreditation