With a hands-on audit role, Michael oversees the progress of audit functions during assignments, planning and managing audit assignments for completion within client deadlines. He also assists with the implementation of internal systems and processes.
As a Partner, Michael is responsible for ensuring staff conducting the audit assignment do so in a way that offers the most value to BDO clients.
Michael has been with BDO since 1999 and during this time has completed two international secondments in Manchester, UK and New York, USA.
- External auditing
- Corporate finance
- Process improvement
- Preparation of financial reports
- Education & Not-for-profit – conducted audits for various education organisations, industry bodies, registered charities, and religious based organisations providing industry assistance, social services and community support services.
- Health – undertook audits for numerous health fund providers and acted as the lead auditor in the IPO of China’s largest hospital group, with five hospitals and more than 10,000 beds.
- Aged care – provided audit services to multi-location nursing homes that offer differing levels of care, including high and low care of various aged care providers.
- Finance & investment institutions – performed audits for approved deposit taking institutions in the retail and commercial banking sector and one of New York’s largest hedge funds dealing in multi-billion dollar funds on investment.
- Agriculture – carried our audits for various agriculture related industries including, orchards, nut groves, peanuts, ginger, crustaceans and wineries.
- Building & construction – conducted audits for large national construction groups involved in the manufacture of homes, multi-storey buildings and major government infrastructure throughout Australia.
- Property & development – delivered audits for large groups developing sites for resale and rental income.
In addition to Michael’s experience as a practitioner, he is also Treasurer of CHI.L.D Association.
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Registered Company Auditor
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)