Acknowledged as leaders in Australian immigration law, we help local and global businesses meet their skilled workforce needs. Our expert team of immigration lawyers provides services that are tailored, scalable and designed to fit the unique needs of companies of all sizes and across all industries.
Leaders in immigration law
BDO’s Migration Services is a dedicated incorporated immigration law firm led by Maria Jockel, offering preeminent expertise in all aspects of immigration and nationality law with particular emphasis on skilled temporary and permanent residency and business skills visas. Maria is acknowledged as one of Australia’s leading immigration lawyers.
Maria has been listed in “The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers” (2010-2019) and has been recognised in the peer reviewed “Best Lawyers” in the areas of Immigration law (2008-2019). Maria’s book “457 Visa Law: Addressing Australia’s Skilled Labour Shortage” is considered to be the definitive resource providing an overview on this complex and dynamic area of law.
Maria has also contributed to the Australian chapters in Immigration Law Client Strategies in the Asia-Pacific (Aspatore, 2009), Getting the Deal through: Corporate Immigration (Law Business Research 2012- 2017), Global Mobility (ILW, 2012-2016); Corporate Immigration Annual Review (Financier worldwide); and the Australian Chapter of the International Comparative Legal Guide: Corporate Immigration (2017-2019).
Maria’s high standing is also reflected in her appointment by Federal and State Governments to advise on sensitive policy issues relating to immigration and related matters.
We are committed to achieving successful outcomes for clients. Our highly qualified immigration lawyers offer:
- A proven track record and excellent reputation for high quality visa applications
- The highest level of professional legal standards and ethics
- International focus and access – we service clients worldwide
- Preeminent practical and strategic experience, and understanding of policy formulation and application
- An understanding of the complex policies and processes that apply in this area based on our extensive experience
- The latest in Information Technologies to ensure efficient and effective communication
- Ready accessibility
- Value and results through timely visa approval and successful