Registered clubs and associations
BDO has a long and successful record over 30 years advising clients in the Registered Clubs industry. With a long-standing and genuine interest in supporting the future of the sector, we understand the pivotal social role clubs and associations play in supporting their local communities, often providing the only avenue for entertainment, connection, and professional development for their members.
We are proud sponsors of two major club bodies, being the Leagues Club Association (LCA) and RSL Services Clubs Association and are currently working on several joint projects to ensure continued collaboration and support of the industry. Our clients comprise all types of clubs, including major registered leagues clubs, RSL clubs, workers’ clubs, golf clubs and community clubs, and our services cover all areas from compliance through to strategy and advisory.
How BDO can help
We help clubs improve their day-to-day business performance and manage their compliance and reporting risks. Whether providing strategic advice on operational efficiencies, revenue generation strategies, forward planning to ensure continued growth, or navigating the various compliance responsibilities and critical issues that affect the industry, our goal is to help our clients succeed and prosper.
We combine extensive industry experience and specialist knowledge with building long-standing relationships with clients and industry stakeholders, to identify and respond to the needs of our clients. Our team of experts provide a complete range of services:
- Audit - financial statement audits, internal audits, and compliance audits
- Tax advice - income tax, indirect tax advice including GST and payroll, income tax exemptions, and compliance
- Minimum wage and award compliance reviews
- Risk management - framework design, governance reviews, board training
- Consulting - strategic planning, restructuring, amalgamation facilitation, business improvement and optimisation, pre-lend and debt facility reviews
- Outsourced services - payroll processing, bookkeeping and management reporting services
- People advisory - virtual HR support, change management, salary packaging, reward and remuneration strategies
- Technology - digital strategy, data analytics, technology risk.