Services: Migration Services – Healthcare Sector
01 January 2017
Meeting your skilled labour force needs in the Health Sector
With skill shortages facing Australia’s healthcare sector, health and allied care organisations increasingly rely on overseas skilled workers to meet labour force needs. The Subclass 457 visa enables Australian and overseas businesses to sponsor skilled overseas workers to fill prescribed positions on a temporary basis for up to four years.
BDO Migration Services, an incorporated immigration legal practice is a leading provider of advice and visa solutions. We assist healthcare providers to sponsor skilled workers under the employer sponsored temporary and permanent residency programs.
Our immigration law services include advice and assistance on:
- Establishment of business sponsorship arrangements and advice on sponsorship obligations
- Preparation, lodgement and approval of sponsorships, nominations and visa applications
- Compliance issues, sponsorship monitoring, audits and site visits
- Work rights, verification of work rights, recruitment protocols and risk management
- Breaches of sponsorship obligations, sanctions and penalties
- Employer and recruiter responsibilities in regard to overseas workers
- Recognition of overseas trained doctors and nurses, licensing and registration requirements
- English language requirements including for licensing and registration
- Negotiating approval of labour agreements
We understand international recruitment, human resources and risk management strategies. We work closely with human resource and related professionals to achieve your human resource needs and achieve visa approvals while minimising risk.
Our work with the healthcare sector
Our specialised solutions for the healthcare sector include:
- Securing the prompt residency of the Chief Executive Officer of one of Australia’s major teaching and research hospitals.
- Advising a leading provider of healthcare recruitment and staffing solutions after it was barred from sponsoring overseas nurses following a breach of its sponsorship obligations. Our comprehensive submissions and successful merits review application resulted in a determination that the breach was inadvertent.
- Acting for and advising the world’s second largest provider of staffing and HR services (including executive, medical, nursing, paramedical and allied healthcare professionals) on successfully negotiating the approval of a Labour Agreement with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and the Department of Education, employment and Workplace Relations so as to enable it to sponsor and on-hire overseas trained nurses.
- Acting for and advising the largest Australian-owned aged care provider providing Low and High Care services for residents on securing temporary and permanent residency visas for overseas trained nurses.
- Advising on health and health waiver criteria for temporary and permanent residency applicants who did not meet the mandatory health criteria and achieving successful visa outcomes for these key personnel.
BDO Migration Services incorporated immigration legal practice is led by Maria Jockel, Legal Principal and an accredited immigration specialist., We offer preeminent expertise in handling all aspects of immigration and nationality law with particular focus on employer sponsored temporary and permanent residency visas.
Find out more about how we can assist you with your immigration requirements.