Three years of trend data is really telling a story this time around. So what are the key things to look out for?
- Data loss and theft of confidential information incidents rose by 78.68% compared to 2017
- Organisations reported cyber criminals as the most prevalent threat actor, and expect a stark increase in activity from activists / hacktivists next year
- Phishing incidents remain the most common incident type, and trend that has continued to rise since 2016
- Organisations with a cyber incident response plan and capability have detected and responded to more data breach incidents than those without
- Organisations that had a cyber incident response plan could put the necessary preparations in place and experienced reduced impacts.