Craig is a Financial Management Consulting Partner, and the Lead Partner of BDO Brisbane’s Advisory division.
With over 20 years’ experience, Craig works with boards, audit committees, CEOs and CFOs, providing advice and support across their finance and corporate functions to understand organisational and governance requirements, identify where and how improvements can be made and how to effectively implement these improvements.
Working across a variety of industries, Craig’s work includes the establishment or transition of an entity’s corporate and finance functions; implementation and improvement of finance, reporting and governance systems, policies and procedures; assistance with financial, management and project reporting; audit-readiness processes and technical accounting and taxation compliance requirements.
As an extension to these services, Craig and the Financial Management Consulting team also provide insourced or contract finance, accounting and corporate services support across all levels, working to undertake the role and delivering improvements and efficiencies to the function as part of the role.
- Finance and corporate function advisory (people, processes and systems)
- Management reporting, automation and process improvement
- Finance system change readiness
- Transaction support services
- Audit readiness
- Technical accounting advisory and change support
- Resourcing solutions (contract/insourcing/backfill)
- Establishment of finance and corporate functions for special purpose entities including within the public sector
- Government & public sector
- Project & infrastructure
- Establishment of various State Government special purpose entities including Cross River Rail Delivery Authority, Queensland Reconstruction Authority, Queensland Water Infrastructure Pty Ltd, Western Corridor Recycled Water Pty Ltd and Queensland Training Assets Management Authority
- Advice on options for the establishment of a State Government entity responsible for Resources Safety and Health Queensland following the Parliamentary Inquiry
- Establishment and initial operation of the finance and governance functions of the Translational Research Institute
- Various finance and accounting projects for Local Government including business coaching
- Technical accounting advice for major projects and implementation of policy changes
- Finance system change readiness for clients transitioning from a small accounting system to a large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Dashboard and reporting projects including for natural disasters and COVID-19
- Acting Chief Financial Officer for various public and private sector entities
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand