Understanding the financial impact of voluntary emission trading schemes to your business
Transitioning your business to a sustainable business model can be complicated in a dynamic business environment. With the Carbon Tax gone, and a transition to a voluntary carbon market, many businesses have still not considered the opportunities available.
Taking advantage of schemes such as the Emission Reductions Fund (ERF) can be very beneficial to your business. It’s important to consider the commercial impacts that may arise from adopting a sustainable business model. BDO can provide your business with an in-depth understanding of the economic impact sustainability can have on your organisation, and will help you grow your business strategically into the future. Some key businesses issues we can help you address include:
- Do your forward budgets incorporate the carbon cost your business will occur?
- What is the impact on the value of your business if you participate in the voluntary schemes?
- Do you need to develop a health check to assist with future project financing?
- Have you considered an analysis of your sustainability practices to ensure your business practices are efficient and focus on your strengths and opportunities?
How can we help your business?
BDO can assist you with your financial impact assessments with the following services:
- Business analysis and efficiencies
- Financial modelling
- Capital raising
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate valuations.
Find out more about how we can help you factor carbon management and energy planning into your strategic business goals.