Communicating your sustainability plans and activities
Demands for transparency on sustainability and climate-related risks and opportunities have been increasing for businesses worldwide. Stakeholders are calling out for information that is accessible, informative, comparable, and – of course – not misleading.
Essential decisions – like your choice of reporting standards or framework - are often driven by the ultimate purpose of the report. Your jurisdiction's regulator(s) will likely guide your reporting structure and location if the report's purpose is compliance. For some organisations, this requires consideration of multiple regulations when operations or sales are also in other jurisdictions.
How BDO can help
Whether you're embarking on reporting voluntarily or to meet compliance requirements, our team of experts can support you by establishing and preparing sustainability reporting-related activities to an assurance-ready standard, maximising stakeholder value while minimising business risk, including:
- Understanding and completing compliance requirements
- Voluntary reporting framework selection
- Materiality assessment and stakeholder engagement
- Full/partial sustainability report development
- Customised education and upskilling
- Systems and process evaluation and implementation
- Assurance readiness.