Aletta is an IFRS advisory specialist with over 25 years’ experience in financial reporting and accounting, including IFRS. Aletta has lectured on financial accounting and reporting, auditing and assurance and taxation at various Australian and South African universities. As an Associate Professor, she authored various financial reporting and accounting textbooks. Prior to joining BDO, Aletta was the Technical Director at two large national networks. Aletta also spent a number of years as a Project Manager at the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB).
In particular, Aletta takes great pride in her ability to apply a wealth of technical expertise to real-world business situations. She works hard to ensure she is working with her clients, involving them at every step of the journey. She helps them to understand how she came to a recommendation, so that they can test any assumptions she has made and together they can come to the best IFRS solution possible.
Aletta’s passion for education and sharing knowledge led her to also take up the role of Financial Educator, delivering our business growth program in Melbourne. This program has a strong foundation in financial literacy, providing business leaders with a strategic framework for business and personal growth. In additional to enhancing financial management skills, it delves into sales and marketing, human resources, streamlining operational efficiencies and business valuation. Every business decision has a financial consequence, and as a Financial Educator Aletta is dedicated to empowering business owners by improving their financial literacy, so they make informed strategic decisions to grow their business.
- Financial reporting and accounting
- Lease Management Services (Outsourcing)
- BDO Lead Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Australian Accounting Standards
- Learning & Development
- Financial Education – Business Growth Program
- Public sector
- Technology, media & telecommunications
- Senior living
- Financial services
- Natural resources
- Professional practice
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- M. Comm (Accountancy) (University of Pretoria)
- B. Comm (Honours) (University of Pretoria)
- Certificate in the Theory of Accountancy (University of Pretoria)
- B. Accounting (University of Stellenbosch)
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand