Mark has over 23 years’ experience in delivering risk advisory services for a wide variety of clients in both Australia and the UK, including Bank and Non-Bank ADIs; General and Private Health Insurers; Payment System providers; Health and Aged Care providers; Not-for-Profits; Commonwealth and State Government Departments and Agencies; Local Councils and Universities.
Prior to BDO, Mark was National Head of a global accounting firms Business Risk practice.
Mark’s expertise includes:
- Working with Directors and Management to identify and assess strategic and operational risks; preparing risk appetite statements, and reviewing and/or preparing Risk Management Frameworks and Policies and Risk Assurance Maps
- Delivering value-adding risk-based fully outsourced and/or co-sourced Internal Audit services
- Conducting reviews of the design and/or operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Assessing the adequacy of governance frameworks and supporting policies and procedures and Board and Governance effectiveness reviews
- Delivering controls assurance engagements in accordance with relevant assurance standards
- Conducting legislative and regulatory compliance reviews.
He also works closely with his clients to help them identify solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations and business processes.
- Internal Audit
- Facilitating risk workshops
- Developing Risk Management Frameworks
- Financial controls reviews
- Operational/ Performance Audits
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance reviews
- Corporate Governance reviews
- Financial Services
- Private Health Insurance
- Government & Public Sector
- Bachelor of Business
- Advanced Diploma - Internal Audit and Management
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Affiliate Member - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Associate Member – Institute of Internal Auditors Australia
- Fellow – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants