Money laundering affects everyone, everywhere. The proceeds of every single crime need to be laundered, and no matter what sector that money goes into, this distorts the market as a result.
AML/CTF (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing) risk assessments and compliance programmes
BDO is proud to have a specialist anti-money laundering service that has helped countless businesses and financial institutions minimise risks from criminal activity. We work tirelessly to ensure you are meeting your risk and compliance obligations, monitoring suspicious activity effectively, know your customers and any potential hazards inside and out.
Our anti-money laundering services
BDO offers the full range of Anti-Money Laundering services. From designing Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) risk assessments and compliance programmes to working on audits and training. Our services include:
- Designing AML/CFT compliance programs - We design a program enabling you to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act)
- Risk identification and assessment - We look at all aspects of your organisation to identify and assess the extent of any risks that may be present, taking into account new technologies, identity fraud and overseas trends
- Training programs - We offer training programs for all levels of your organisation to ensure everyone, from directors down to frontline banking staff, are aware of their compliance obligations and protocol
- Independent Reviews - We conduct AML/CFT independent reviews for regulated institutions to ensure they comply with their independent review requirements under the AML/CTF Act. BDO will also help clients respond to any irregularities raised by AUSTRAC and assist clients with their preparations
- PEP screening - We undertake politically exposed person (PEP) screening to ensure you can assist customers under high-scrutiny while still keeping to your compliance obligations
- Adverse media screening - We monitor news and media releases to help institutions monitor press regarding both individuals and entities
- KYC advisory - The team at BDO are experienced Know Your Customer (KYC) advisors and can provide a detailed analysis to help financial institutions build a profile of an individual customer or entity.
Each of these service offerings is tailored to the individual needs of the client in question, taking into account any changes in the regulatory and anti-money laundering landscape.