Fraud and corruption present a real risk for every organisation, whether you are a large corporate, small to medium enterprise, not-for-profit or government agency.
BDO has a large team of local, national and international dedicated forensic investigators, specialising in providing high quality, timely investigative services. With over four decades of combined law enforcement and regulatory agency experience, BDO’s Forensic Investigative Services team has extensive knowledge and capability.
How BDO can help
From initial planning, through evidence preservation and analysis, to conducting sensitive interviews, our proven investigation methodology has withstood scrutiny across all legal processes, both civil and criminal.
We also have a thorough property and exhibit management process to ensure the continuity and chain of custody are properly documented and maintained throughout the entire investigation.
In addition to traditional fraud and corruption investigations, BDO regularly conducts investigations in relation to:
- Misconduct and Code of Conduct issues
- Conflicts of interest
- Unauthorised release or theft of corporate information or intellectual property
- Workplace investigations
- Whistleblower reports
- Forensic technology investigations.
We have deep technical experience and a strong reputation amongst clients and referrers as leading advisers in this area. The BDO team combine a unique combination of backgrounds and experience with leading case management systems and a proven methodology to produce the best results for our clients.
Forensic due diligence
In today's global business environment, undertaking due diligence when dealing with third parties mitigates risk across a multitude of areas such as money-laundering, trade sanctions, and modern slavery compliance. It provides clarity and comfort that critical decisions are made with the most current information available.
Our Forensic Services team performs due diligence on individuals and entities in order to alert clients to assess risk and disclosure issues to help clients make informed business decisions. Our offering encompasses various levels of Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) including:
- Providing in-depth background searches on key stakeholders involved in a prospective acquisition, joint venture or strategic partnership
- Undertaking due diligence on current or prospective suppliers, clients, or partners, as well as their key personnel to manage risk and make informed business decisions
- Macro-level and sector-focused country risk analysis to identify any parties subject to sanctions, PEP screening or sector-based compliance issues
- Targeted press and media searches on key individuals and entities to identify any associated reputational risk.