Adam has a unique background, with more than 25 years of investigation and financial crime risk management experience. This includes practising law and working within Law Enforcement, Australia’s competition regulator, Big 4 banking, one of Australia’s largest insurance providers and private consulting.
Adam’s substantial experience in fraud control and operational risk has allowed him to provide solutions of varying complexity to both private and public sector clients.
As a Partner of Forensic Services at BDO, Adam assists clients by providing investigation, risk management, and advisory services. He specialises in matters related to financial crimes and other misconduct including corruption, fraud, money laundering, terrorism financing, misappropriation of assets, and technology-related crime.
- Investigations: an expert investigator with a deep understanding of the laws of evidence and investigative techniques for complex crimes. Adam specialises in fraud and corruption investigations in addition to other malfeasance, including breaches of fiduciary duties and institutional abuse by clergy. As a solicitor, Adam is well versed in workplace legal matters and regularly undertakes code of conduct reviews and workplace investigations.
- AML/CTF and TFS compliance: consultant advising organisations in Australia and globally (through the BDO global network) on AML/CTF, and TFS compliance. Adam regularly undertakes independent reviews and designing and implementing policies and controls to address these risks.
- Whistleblowing: Adam leads BDO’s whistleblowing service (BDOSecure) and assists clients in meeting their regulatory obligations, and in implementing effective procedures to manage complaints.
- Fraud & Corruption Risk: designing and implementing policy and controls to address Fraud & Corruption risks through thorough risk assessments and internal workshops. Adam works to understand his clients to ensure appropriate and proportionate mitigation is put in place to protect them against fraud and corruption risk.
- Training: As a qualified workplace trainer Adam regularly provides awareness sessions relating to AML/CTF, Fraud & Corruption risk as well as investigations and whistleblowing.
- Domestic and international money laundering and terrorist financing investigations as a specialist Counter Terrorism police detective.
- AML/CTF independent reviews for financial services clients, gaming sector and investment schemes.
- Investigation of crimes committed by senior executives and directors in fraud, corruption and administrative malfeasance matters, as well as ICAC referrals to State and Local government departments.
- Whistleblowing programs using BDOSecure placed for national NFP clients, financial services clients and gaming clients.
- Staff awareness training for fraud and corruption risk, as well as AML/CTF awareness for financial services clients through to manufacturing, mining and retail clients.
- Complex reporting to clients, stakeholders and regulators, as well as briefs of evidence to law enforcement to allow matters to progress to court or tribunal.
- Practising Solicitor
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.)
- Diploma Government (Investigations)
- Diploma Government (Fraud Control)
- Bachelor of Arts (Crime & Justice)
- Certificate IV in Security Risk Management
- Certificate III in Investigative Services
- Certificate IV in Workplace training
- NSW Law Society – Solicitor Member
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Australian Institute of Professional Investigators (AIPI)