China – Expand your opportunities and minimise risks
If your organisation is looking to do business with China, one of the world’s largest economies, our team can help you identify opportunities and minimise risk by leveraging local knowledge and expertise. Alternatively, if you are a Chinese business looking to expand into Australia, our team is extremely well equipped to assist you.
Our goal is to ensure you receive seamless service throughout the BDO network, and that you are looked after as you embark upon a new chapter in your business.
BDO offers one of the largest dedicated Advisory Services teams in the Australian market focused on China. Our team of 15 specialists has worked in both Australia and China and can communicate fluently in Chinese and English. Currently, we have 37 offices and more than 5,000 personnel in China.
Investing in Australia
We can support China-based companies considering a move to Australia at every stage in the process, from initial market entry planning right through to expanding their profile further across the country.
Our team can assist you with your entry into Australia, providing support to:
- Arrange incorporation of a company
- Organise all necessary tax registrations for the new company
- Negotiate with management
- Develop pricing structures and funding arrangements
- Support appropriate tax planning in relation to funding the Australian entity
- Relocate existing employees and hire new employees
- Import equipment and repatriate profits
- Assist with ongoing compliance obligations (e.g. prepare financial reports or provide assurance services)
- Conduct financial and operational due diligence and valuations
- Help with financial modelling of business plans
- Arrange introductions to our network of clients and contacts where there may be mutual benefit.
Australia is an ideal location for Chinese corporations to invest. Australia is one of the Asia Pacific’s most developed countries with a multicultural society, vast natural resources and established financial markets. Chinese companies turn to Australia to secure their future supply chain, or take the first step towards global expansion. At the same time, growth in China creates significant opportunities for Australian companies interested in exporting products or services.
Entry into China
Expanding overseas is a complex exercise – unfamiliar cultures, business landscapes, taxation structures and regulatory regimes can present daunting obstacles. Having an experienced team who can navigate you through this new environment is vital.
For organisations looking to capture opportunities provided by China, our team can help you minimise risk and maximise your potential by having the right contacts in place to provide local knowledge and expertise.
Key business issues
Our China Services team assists clients with bilateral trade and investments, and can help you answer questions such as:
- Is China/Australia right for my organisation and industry?
- What do I want to achieve in China/Australia?
- What are the existing opportunities in China/Australia?
- What is the best corporate structure for my organisation for tax and accounting purposes?
- Can someone help me with the cultural differences?
- Am I able to access Government assistance?
- What are the regulatory requirements to be observed?
- What are the market entry implications?
By helping you respond to questions like these, we can support your business’s growth and make the expansion experience seamless and constructive.
The BDO team can assist you with your entry into China by providing support to:
- Educate you on Chinese business cultural behaviours
- Undertake due diligence of company affairs in China
- Translate documentation and correspondence
- Perform taxation compliance and accounting services
- Set up back office functions (selection of financial system, Human Resource policies)
- Structure and plan for international taxation
- Conduct preliminary assessments of investment opportunities in Australia
- Reorganise corporate capital structure in China.